Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Elbow Grease

I just love cleaning. It's a disease. Like more cow bell.

I think the Dr. Seuss version would go something like: I like cleaning in the house, I like cleaning with my spouse. I like cleaning late at night, I like cleaning at first light...

Sometimes it's eleven at night and I find myself scrubbing the kitchen floor or organizing the cleaning products under the sink or restacking my sweaters in size order. And it's possible that on more than one occasion I've made the bed (decorative pillows and all) within an hour of going to sleep. One of my top five favorite scents is Bounce Laundry sheets (ahead of fresh baked bread, pine trees and lilacs, but after campfire and my husband's cologne - which I'm certain is spiked with illegal olfactory stimulants) and I find a significant amount of pleasure in selecting dish soap. Also, I love polishing silver.

This tea set belonged to my great, great grandma Trancha Neessen. It's elegant, sturdy and now back to its former glory after being rescued from my childhood storage stash.

Come have tea with me so we can marvel at the sexy design of the sugar dish.

I promise I won't do anything creepy like alphabetize the soup cans while your here. That's just crazy!