Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brian & Amanda

I have been loving the month of May. Yes, it has been a bit chilly lately and windy and, well, rainy. But the sweltering days and humid nights are on the way. You can be sure of that - its Iowa. For now I am content to sleep with the windows open.

May is, for many reasons, one of my favorite months. Thunderstorms, peonies, lilacs, seedlings, asparagus, morel mushroom hunting, and Green. GREEN is May. Bam. The leaves are out so quick you feel like maybe you slept through that whole spring thing. Anyway - I'm glad its May and I'm even more glad that I can share this May wedding I had the distinct privilege of photographing last year.
Amanda and Brian chose the Pioneer Rock Church near Garnavillo, Iowa for their wedding ceremony. Amanda's great-grandparents had been married there many years before and the small stone structure had all the charming qualities they had hoped for.

It was a beautiful day. Happy (early) Anniversary Amanda and Brian.