On May 22nd Frances Maus won first place in Des Moines's annual party planning competition - Hostess with the Mostest - for her classy rendition of a bridal shower. Guests, oops, I mean the judges, oohed and ahhed over the elegant detail, witty theme and use of color. They drooled and gobbled, um, politely dined, on scrumptious hors d'oeuvres, sipped champagne, sipped more champagne. And then everyone died from cupcake bliss. Seriously did you see the cupcakes in this picture!
There isn't really a competition. But if there was I'd vote for Frances because, well, I want her to be my friend. And because she truly is an amazing party planner.
Congratulations to Sarah on her lifetime of bliss with Brian! If the two of you every run into a rough patch have Frances send you some magic cupcakes. And if that doesn't work then get out the vodka I gave you. You certainly won't need all of it for that Vodka Cream Pasta recipe.
